48 million people in the US that get sick from a foodborne illness each year!
In addition to the innocent people simply eating food they assumed to be safe, a food safety recall is devastating to a business in many ways. A business that issues a food safety recall, for any reason, will feel its consequences for years to come. A comprehensive study reported...
“Over 81% of survey respondents described the financial consequences of a recall as either ‘significant’ or ‘catastrophic.’ ”
Here’s a quick breakdown of the true cost of a food safety recall and our solution to help avoid these regrettable food borne illness events.
4 Biggest Food Recall Financial Exposures
- Lost Profits From Business Interruption - The largest financial impact, up to $30 million and even higher, comes from business being suspended to address the recall.
- Recall Execution - Storing, transporting or destroying products, supplying replacement products, or public relations to manage reputation or brand damage.
- Liability Risks - Potential lawsuits, class action suits, settlements, attorney and court fees add up.
- Brand Reputation Damage - Potentially, the hardest factor to recover from is the loss of business due to lost consumer trust in your brand and products. It can take years!
Lower Your Food Safety Risk
A food recall is extremely tough on a business. Does your food safety program include everything needed to lower the risk of a foodborne illness outbreak?
Our latest research:
- Eagle Protect nitrile gloves have characteristics similar to Teflon®.
- Soils, which can contain diseases, don’t stick well to Eagle nitrile gloves.
- Vinyl gloves have 3 TIMES the cross-contamination potential as Eagle Protect nitrile protective gloves.
Pretty cool huh? We think so. Click below to browse our Delta Zero verified disposable nitrile gloves. Our proprietary glove testing program ensures Eagle gloves adhere to the highest standards of safety and performance. Or read about how Eagle can mitigate risks to your business with our glove risk assessment tool.